Frequently Asked Questions
- I'm interested in booking you for my wedding. What are the next steps?
That's wonderful, and congratulations! The next step would be to contact me to set up a time to meet in person at my studio. There you and your partner can enjoy a glass of wine, see full, delivered wedding galleries, check out sample albums, and ask any questions you may have.
- What do we need to do to reserve our date?
In order to book, you need to read and sign my contract, and put down a 25% nonrefundable retainer. The rest of your payment is due the week before your wedding date.
- Do you provide partial wedding day coverage?
Yes! If you are having a small, intimate ceremony or an elopement, we can create a custom package tailor made for your day. Contact me to get more information.
- How many images do you deliver for a wedding?
Normally you can expect between 40-50 pictures for each hour of coverage. This varies depending on the wedding and events.
- Can you tell me about your pricing?
- What should I wear to my portrait session?
The most important thing is that you feel comfortable! So don't change up your style or wear something different than usual. Portraits are about capturing who you are. Here are some easy tips to make sure you look amazing:
- Avoid stark or neon colors like solid black/pure white/neon. These can leave you looking pale or add a color cast to your skin. You can still wear black (if you're like me, that's the color of half your wardrobe!), but add a different color layer or accent piece to break it up a little.
- Avoid busy patterns or fine lines. You want the focus to be on you and your personality, not your clothes. Anything too distracting can take away from that.
- If you're having a family session done, try to coordinate, but not match identically. You should pick no more than three main colors, and one accent (i.e. grey, ivory, navy, with a soft yellow accent) and try to stay within those colors. Try to avoid too many patterns that can take away from the main subject - you and your family!
- A good way to see if your outfits work together is to lay them out on the bed so that you can see them all at once. Feel free to send me a picture of them if you want additional input!
- Neutrals (brown, grey, ivory, navy, beige, olive) = Awesome + Timeless
- When will my pictures be ready?
- After your wedding, I'll go home and upload them to my computer, and two backup drives. Then I'll edit a few as sneak peeks that will be posted on facebook and instagram throughout the week following your wedding. About halfway through editing, I'll post a short blog with more sneak peeks so that you're not waiting too long!
- Within 6 weeks from your wedding day, I'll call you to set up a time to meet at my studio for your reveal & ordering appointment! I'll also have a sample album design so that you can make any changes you'd like while your there. Feel free to bring anyone who may be interested in ordering prints/albums to this appointment (like parents/grandparents). At the end of the appointment, I'll give you a custom online gallery link to your entire digital wedding album.
- If you ordered an album or prints, they will arrive within three weeks from when you submit your payment and your final approval on the design. You'll pick any orders up at my studio. Custom framing may take longer.
- After your shoot, I'll post a few sneak peeks on facebook and instagram. Within two weeks from your session date, we'll set up your reveal & ordering appointment at the studio. There I'll show you all the edited images, and you'll pick which ones you'd like to order as prints. I can also walk you through different frame options, gallery layouts, and album designs.
- If you chose the Fine Art Session, prints and digital files are sold separately, so at the reveal & ordering appointment, you'll decide which images you want as prints. After your order is placed and paid for, your final images will be delivered within three weeks. If you ordered frames, it may take longer due to the custom framing. You receive a web-sized digital file with each print ordered. Your online gallery will be available at the same time as your print order!
- If you chose the Digital Portrait Session, the edited digital files with a personal use print & share release are included with your session fee. They will be available the same day as your reveal & ordering appointment. You have the option to purchase prints/albums/wall art as well. These would be delivered no more than three weeks after the order is placed and paid for. Framing may take longer.